March 30, 1971
30th March 1971
- Barbaric Pak Bahini shot recklessly around the surrounding areas of the Rangpur Cantonment. In this incident many innocent people are killed. Apart from this rows of villages and houses are lighted on fire and many are tortured at the hands of the Pak Bahini.
- On behalf of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Chittagong’s (Shadhin Bangla Biplobi Betaar Kendro) urges the world and all democratic governments to come forward and help the Bangladeshis.
- At night the Pakistan Air Force bombed the Kalurghat Radio Station
- Chittagong city is encircled by the Pakistani occupation forces from all sides and bombed.
- In the evening under the command of Matin Patwari freedom fighters took hold of the Kushtia Police line.
- Major Zia explains and hands over command of Kalurghat to Captain Ali